Upgrade your favourite crisps into something even better
• 4 baked potato skins
• 1 large white onion
• 20 grams butter
• 50 grams parmesan
• 4 spring onions
1. Preferably by baking the potato, bake your onion (skin on). Alternatively you could chuck your onion in a fire pit for 1/2 an hour for ultimate smokey results (this would be called a dirty onion). Peel the onion, the flesh should be soft and slightly golden.
2. In a pan with a lid melt your butter.
3. Set a small piece of clean wood on fire and wait until it blackens. Put in a small dish and put in pan with butter. Put the lid on the pan and let the smoke infuse the butter.
4. Blend the butter with the onion flesh to make a puree.
5. Slice your spring onions lengthways and put in cold water until they start to curl.
6. Grate the parmesan onto a sheet of greaseproof and cook at 200*C until golden and like a biscuit.
7. Cut potato skins into rough triangles and deep fry on high until golden. Salt and top with onion puree, parmesan crisp and spring onion.