This giant bread roll is stuffed with ham, cheese and heaps of flavour! Perfect for feeding the whole family!
• 20g fresh yeast
• 200ml warm water
• 500g wheat flour
• 3 tbsp of sugar
• 1 egg
• 100g butter, room temperature
• Salt, to taste
• 200g sliced ham
• 1 sliced tomato
• 250g sliced mozzarella cheese
• Oregano to taste
• 1 egg yolk for brushing
1. In a bowl, combine the yeast, water, 1 cup of flour, sugar and mix well. Prove for 20 minutes.
2. Add the egg, the butter and mix well.
3. Add the flour gradually and then the salt.
4. Mix everything and knead for 15 minutes. Rest the dough for another 30 minutes.
5. Place the dough on a floured surface.
6. Arrange ham, tomato, cheese and oregano onto the dough.
7. Roll the dough wrapping the stuffing and close tightly.
8. Arrange in a greased tray and make cuts at the top.
9. Brush with beaten egg yolk and bake at 180 degrees for 40 minutes.