This Nasu Dengaku is the perfect way to cook up your aubergine!
• 1 aubergine
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 2 tablespoons white miso mixed with
• 2 tablespoons red miso paste
• 2 tablespoons mirin
• 1 tablespoon sugar
• 1 tablespoon sake
• 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1. Slice the aubergine in half and using a knife, score the inside into small squares.
2. In a pan over high heat, add the oil and put the aubergine skin facing down.
3. Cook for a few minutes until the skin is brown then turn over and cover with a lid. Cook until the aubergine is cooked through (about 3 to 4 minutes).
4. Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix the miso, mirin, sugar and sake.
5. Put the cooked aubergine onto a grill tray. Brush the miso mix on top of each half until all the surface is coated.
6. Put under the grill for about 5 minutes. The miso mix should be bubbling when you take it out of the oven.
7. Sprinkle sesame seeds, nigella seeds and spring onions on top and serve hot.