Mozzarella Stuffed Jalapeños... because everything should be stuffed with cheese and wrapped in bacon.
• 8 jalapeño peppers
• 400g cooking mozzarella
• 8 rashers streaky bacon
• Oil for deep frying
1. Trim the stalk from each jalapeño pepper, then carefully remove the seeds and pith without splitting open the pepper.
2. Cut the mozzarella into strips that will fit inside the jalapeños - and stuff the cheese inside.
3. Wrap a bacon rasher around each pepper and secure with a cocktail stick.
4. Carefully lower four of the jalapeños into the hot oil and cook for 4 minutes or until the bacon is brown and crispy.
5. Remove with a slotted spoon onto kitchen paper and repeat with the remaining peppers.
6. Remove the cocktail sticks.
7. Sprinkle with sea salt flakes then serve, with a ranch dressing dip.