This naughty dish can be our little secret
• 1 pack chicken thighs and drumsticks
• 1 pot buttermilk/yoghurt
• 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
• 1 teaspoon each of salt and pepper
• 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• + any dried herbs you like
• 1 tablespoon garlic powder
• 1 tablespoon onion powder
• 1 tablespoon baking powder
• 2 cups flour
• 2 eggs, beaten
• 1 large bag of Monster Munch, bashed up
• Vegetable oil for frying
1. The night before, mix the buttermilk with the mustard, salt and pepper, dried herbs and cayenne pepper in a large bowl. Add the chicken pieces and coat thoroughly. Leave to marinade overnight.
2. When ready to cook, heat your oil to 165c. While it's heating, stir together the flour, baking powder, onion powder and garlic powder in a shallow dish. Shake excess buttermilk off the chicken and dredge in the seasoned flour. Then roll in the egg and finally roll in the Monster Munch.
3. Deep fry until golden for about 15 minutes per piece and then drain on kitchen paper.