Love nuggs? These Monster Munch Chicken nuggets will be right up your street! Question is, what's your flavour?
• 100g Monster Munch - Pickled Onion or Flamin’ Hot
• 250g skinless chicken breasts, roughly chopped
• 250g skinless chicken thighs, roughly chopped
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• 1 tsp onion powder
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/2 tsp white pepper
• 2 tbsp water
• 100g plain flour
• 2 eggs, beaten
• 2L vegetable oil, for deep frying
• Pickled onions
• Hot sauce
1. Heat 2 litres of oil to 180 C for deep frying. The oil should only come halfway up the sides of the pan.
2. Put the Monster Munch into a large mixing bowl and use a rolling pin to bash them into a fine crumb. Put the crumbs into one bowl, put flour into another and the beaten eggs into a third.
3. Put the chicken breast and thigh meat into a food processor with the garlic and onion powders, salt, white pepper and water. Process until it’s a fine paste. Spoon tablespoon sized lumps of chicken meat into the flour and shape it roughly to a chicken nugget. Dip the nugget into the beaten egg, then into the Monster Munch crumb. Put onto a tray while you repeat with the rest of the chicken meat.
4. Carefully lower 3 or 4 nuggets at a time into the hot oil. Cook for 5 minutes, turning them over if necessary to make sure they cook evenly. Drain on kitchen paper while you cook the rest, then serve.