Did you know you can bake a whole cake on your stove? This Mint Choc Chip Pan-Cake is the ultimate indulgent stack of dessert goodness!
• 375g plain flour
• 45g caster sugar
• 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
• 2 large eggs
• 450ml buttermilk
• 240ml whole milk
• 200g dark chocolate
• 230ml double cream
• 400g softened butter
• 800g icing sugar
• 4 tbsp milk
• Green food colouring
• Peppermint essence
• 200g choc chips
• Mint chocolate bar, to decorate
1. Mix together the flour, cocoa, baking powder and soda.
2. Add the eggs and stir to combine.
3. Whisk in the buttermilk and milk, slowly, to avoid lumps. Let this mixture rest for 30 minutes
4. Heat a pancake pan on a low heat.
5. Lightly oil the cake ring and the pan.
6. Spoon batter into the ring, until it’s 2/3 full.
7. Cook for 15 minutes over a low heat and then use a greased spatula to help loosen them from the ring. Remove the ring, then flip and cook for a further 7 - 10 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the pancake comes out clean.
8. Transfer to a wire rack and cool.
9. Repeat with the remaining batter - it should make three pancakes.
10. Make the ganache by roughly chopping the chocolate and putting it into a heat-proof bowl.
11. Bring the cream to a simmer then pour it over the chocolate and stir to melt the chocolate through.
12. Leave half in the bowl and put the other half in the fridge to cool enough to use for piping.
13. Make the buttercream by mixing together the butter, icing sugar, milk, food colouring and peppermint essence. Beat until smooth then stir through the choc chips.
14. When the pancakes are cool, sandwich them together with the mint choc chip icing, finishing with a layer on the top.
15. Spoon over a layer of chocolate ganache, and let it run over the sides.
16. Pipe ganache rosettes and decorate with the mint chocolate bar.