These microwave hacks will change your life!
1. Drying herbs - place the herbs on kitchen roll and place in the microwave on high for 1 and half minutes.
2. Continue until they are as dry as you would like.
3. Softening sugar - take the hardened sugar and place in the a microwavable bowl with a damp piece of kitchen roll, make sure any excess water is wringed out.
4. Microwave on high for 30 seconds and check, it may need a bit longer depending on how hard it is and how much there is.
5. Crisps - using a mandoline if possible (very carefully)
6. Thinly slice 1 potato width ways. Place in the microwave on a sheet of kitchen roll for 3-4 minutes until crisp. Sprinkle with a bit of salt after.
7. Poached egg - boil the kettle and fill a small pyrex jug or a microwavable cup with the boiling water. Crack the egg into this and microwave for 1 minute on high. This
8. Does a soft poached egg.
9. Crispy bacon - place the bacon onto a microwavable plate and microwave on high for 4 minutes. For very crispy bacon go for 5-6 minutes.