Recreating a childhood classic. An ice cream cone or waffle filled with marshmallow and topped with sprinkles
• Milk chocolate, melted
• 1 sachet gelatine
• 80 milliliters water
• 210 grams caster sugar
• 70 milliliters water
• 1/2 - 1 teaspoon strawberry flavouring
• Pink gel food colour
• Wafer ice cream cones
• Sweet waffles
1. Dip the top of the ice cream cones into melted chocolate and tap off the excess. Cover the chocolate in sprinkles and leave to set. Cut small holes out of the top of a cardboard box and stand the cones in there until set.
2. To make the marshmallow, pour 80 milliliters of cold water over gelatine in a small bowl and leave to dissolve.
3. Place caster sugar into a pan followed by 70 milliliters water, stir to combine. Stop stirring and let the mixture simmer over a medium heat until it reaches 240°F on a sugar thermometer. Leave to cool slightly.
4. Pour the now dissolved gelatin into a large heatproof bowl and begin beating, pour slightly cooled sugar mixture down the side of the bowl so it reaches the gelatin.
5. Whisk for up to 10 minutes until pale, fluffy and tripled in size. The marshmallow should be able to hold itself. Whisk in strawberry flavour.
6. Fold in pink colouring to make it look like its rippled through and then place the marshmallow into a piping bag fitted with a star tip.
7. Fill the now set ice cream cones with marshmallow up to the top and then finish with 2 swirls. Decorate with sprinkles.
8. Cut waffle in half, pipe marshmallow over one half and sandwich it together with the remaining waffle. Dip one half in chocolate and cover in sprinkles.
9. Repeat with the remaining cones and waffles and then leave to set for at least an hour and then enjoy :D