This cupcake is out of this world. Geddit?
• 80 grams Unsalted butter
• 100 grams Soft light brown sugar
• 180 grams Caster sugar
• 200 grams Plain flour
• 45 grams Cocoa powder
• 2 teaspoons Baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon Salt
• 240 milliliters Whole milk
• 2 Eggs
• 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
• 450 grams Icing sugar
• 150 grams Unsalted butter
• 35-40 milliliters Whole milk
• To decorate:
• Mars bar
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees fan.
2. Sift the dry ingredients together into a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl beat together the butter and two sugars until creamy.
4. Meanwhile, in another bowl/jug whisk together the milk, eggs and vanilla extract.
5. Add 1/3 of the wet ingredients into the butter mixture and mix on a slow/medium speed followed by 1/2 of the dry ingredients.
6. Scrape down your bowl and beat in 1/2 the remaining wet ingredients followed by the rest of the dry ingredients. Once combined pour in the remaining wet ingredients.
7. Once the mixture is smooth, evenly divide it into the cupcake cases.
8. Bake in the oven for 18-22 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
9. For the buttercream sift the icing sugar into a bowl and beat it into the butter. Once sandy pour in the milk to combine. You may not need to add all the milk.
10. Beat for a good 5 minutes until the icing is paler in colour and is light and fluffy.
11. Make holes into the centre of each cupcake and add caramel sauce. Place top of cupcake back on top.
12. Place the icing into a piping bag with a star tip and pipe swirls onto each cupcake.
13. Decorate by drizzling with caramel and a slice of Mars Bar.