Margarita Bars With Margarita Sour. Think buttery cheesecake base topped with boozy, zesty delights.
• For the base
• 120g butter
• 200g butter biscuits
• 50g caster sugar
• For the filling
• 4 eggs
• 120g sugar
• 70ml lime juice
• 1 tsp lime zest
• 1 tbsp triple sec
• 1 tbsp tequila
• 2 tbsp plain flour
• Margarita sour
• 25ml tequila
• 25ml triple sec
• 25ml lime juice
• 25 ml lemon juice,
• 12.5ml sugar syrup,
• 12.5ml egg white
• Dash Angostura bitters
• Lime slices
1. Preheat oven to 180C and line the bottom of a square 20cm tin.
2. Melt the butter, then tip in the biscuit crumbs and sugar, mix thoroughly, then press into the bottom of the tin while still warm. Bake for 10 minutes.
3. Whisk together the eggs and sugar until light and the sugar has dissolved.
4. Add citrus juice, zest and tequila.
5. Then add the flour and whisk until smooth.
6. Pour the filling mix over the baked biscuit base then put it back in the oven for around 25 minutes until the top starts to colour.
7. Leave to cool in the tin for 30 minutes, then remove to a rack and chill for 2 hours.
8. Once chilled through, cut into squares and dust with icing sugar, then serve.
10. Magarita Sour
11. Add all ingredients into a shaker.
12. Dry shake for 5 seconds.
13. Add cubed ice and shake for 10 seconds.
14. Sugar the rim of a glass, fill with cubed ice and strain the sour into the glass.
15. Garnish with lime.