Mac N Cheese Corndogs - We're here to show you how it's done
• 300g cooked macaroni
• 30g plain flour
• 30g butter
• 400ml whole milk
• 200g cheddar, grated
• 100g mozzarella, grated
• 50g parmesan, grated
• 1 cup yellow cornmeal
• 90g all-purpose flour
• 1 heaped tbsp caster sugar
• 2 tsp baking powder
• Salt and freshly ground pepper
• 1 large egg, lightly beaten
• 110ml whole milk
• 2l veg oil for frying
1. Melt the butter in a pan and then add the flour and stir straight away. Let this colour slightly and then start pouring in the milk a little at a time, whisking after each pour.
2. Once all added stir through all the cheeses followed by the pasta. Once all well mixed, leave to cool.
3. Divide the mixture into 8 and place onto 8 large pieces of cling film. Shape into sausages, and roll the cling film tightly around it, twisting the ends so nothing escapes. Place in the fridge to harden and cool, and then skewer. Place back in the fridge whilst you start making the batter.
4. Whisk together all the dry ingredients. Whisk the eggs and then add this to the dry ingredients along with the milk. Set aside to thicken slightly, and heat the oil to 180C.
5. Dip the mac and cheese into the batter making sure it’s completely covered. Repeat with the rest placing on a tray as you go.
6. Cook in the hot oil for a few minutes until golden all over. Repeat with the remaining mac and cheese dogs. Blot before serving.