Burgers don't get much better than this. It's what Mac and Cheese dreams were made of
• 300 grams ground beef
• 40 grams breadcrumbs
• 1 shallot, diced
• 1 tablespoon mustard
• Salt and pepper
• Pulled beef or pork, around 200g
• Leftover mac and cheese
• 2 Burger buns
• 4-8 slices burger cheese
• 2 cooking chorizo sausages
• 4-6 slickes streaky bacon
• Maple syrup for glazing
• Bbq sauce
1. Start by mixing the burger ingredients together. Once well combined, divide the mix into four balls and shape into patties. Leave in the fridge to rest.
2. Fry off the bacon and finely chop, then stir through the leftover mac and cheese. Finish the mac and cheese with a couple of slices of burger cheese and place back in a hot oven to warm through.
3. Slice the chorizo in half brush over the maple syrup as a glaze. Fry for a couple of minutes on each side until cooked through. Once ready remove from the pan and fry off a burger patty. All the meat can be fried in the same pan. Cook the burger on one side for 4 minutes then turn over, place a piece of burger cheese on the other side and place a lid on the pan so the cheese melts.
4. Build the burger with whatever sauces you like. Follow with the patty, the slices chorizo, the pulled leftover meat and top with the oozy mac and cheese. Finish with BBQ sauce and the top of the bun. Oh my.