When life gives you lemons...make lemonade cheesecake!
• 15 Digestive biscuits
• 100 grams melted butter
• 1 tablespoon of honey
• 200 milliliters Double Cream
• 500 grams full fat cream cheese
• 2 lemons - zest and juice
• 8 tablespoons of lemon curd
• 100 grams icing sugar
• 500 milliliters full sugar lemonade
• 4 teaspoons caster sugar
• 1 pack of sherbet Dib Dab
1. In a heavy bottom saucepan, mix together the lemonade and caster sugar. Reduce on a high heat until syrupy. You should have only around 100 milliliters left at the end.
2. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool
3. Blend up the digestives, then mix together with the melted butter and honey.
4. Grease a loose bottomed cake tin and press down the biscuit mixture well trying to make the base as even as possible.
5. Bake the base in a medium (160 C) oven for 5-10 minutes, then cool in the fridge.
6. Gently beat the cream cheese, 6 tablespoons of the lemon curd, the lemonade syrup, icing sugar, double cream, lemon juice and zest together.
7. Pour the cheesecake filling in to the set base
8. To finish the cheesecake, use the remaining 2tbps of lemon curd to pattern over the top.
9. Set the cake in the fridge, preferably over night.
10. Sift over the lemon sherbet from the dib dab over the top.
11. Cut and serve