Check out this old school kids snack!
• 195 grams Plain Flour
• 1/4 teaspoon Salt
• 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
• 110 grams Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
• 100 grams Caster Sugar
• 1 Large Egg
• 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
• 100 grams 70 percent Chocolate
• 100 grams Double Cream
1. Sift together your flour, salt & baking soda. Set to one side.
2. Beat the butter and sugar in a bowl for about 3m, then add the egg and vanilla and beat again.
3. Add the dough into a piping bag fitted with a small round tip nozzle. Pipe even stick shapes, about 8 centimeters long on to a non stick mat or parchment paper, leaving enough space between each one.
4. Chill the ray of sticks in the fridge for 15m.
5. Bake at 375C/190F to 7-8m or until a light golden brown. Allow to cool completely once cooked.
6. To make the chocolate dip, chop the chocolate as finely as possible and then heat the cream until it just reaches a boil. Pour the cream over the chocolate and allow it to sit for 2m before whisking to combine.
7. Pour the chocolate into your serving pot and allow to cool to thicken.
8. Dip and enjoy!