How to create epic kimchi fried rice at home!
• 1 tbsp butter
• 1 onion, sliced
• 320g kimchi, chopped into bite-size pieces
• 50ml kimchi juice
• 2 tbsp gochujang chilli paste
• 1 tbsp soy sauce
• 600g cooked short-grain white rice (250g uncooked
• 1 tbsp roasted sesame seed oil
• To serve:
• Eggs, for frying
• 4 spring onions, finely sliced
• Toasted sesame seeds
• Shredded nori
1. Heat the butter in a large frying pan over a high heat. When hot, add the onion and fry for a few mins until starting to soften. Then add the kimchi and stir-fry for 3 mins, until everything begins to caramelise. Add the kimchi juice, gochujang and soy sauce to the frying pan, and then add the cooked rice, stirring constantly. Reduce the heat to medium-low and fry for another 3 mins until the rice has absorbed all the flavours. Finally stir in the sesame oil and half of the spring onions and remove from the heat.
2. In the meantime, in a separate pan, fry the eggs to your liking.
3. To plate up, serve bowls of the fried rice with a fried egg and the remaining spring onions, sesame seeds and shredded seaweed scattered over the top. Serve immediately.