Keto Courgette Nachos are the perfect low carb super cheesy movie snack!
• 4 large courgettes
• 4 tbsp salt
• 4 tbsp olive oil
• 200g parmesan finely grated
• 1/2 tsp paprika
• Extra oil to grease the tray
• 1 tbsp vegetable oil
• 1 white onion, diced
• 200g minced beef
• 2 tomatoes, diced
• 1 small yellow pepper, diced
• 2 tbsp chipotle sauce
• 200g grated cheddar and mozzarella mix
• Fresh jalapeños
• Sour cream
1. Preheat the oven to 200C (180C fan).
2. Use a mandolin to slice the courgette into 2mm thick slices.
3. Put them into a large mixing bowl and sprinkle over 2 tablespoons of salt, and mix well to combine.
4. Let the courgettes stand for 10 minutes, then rinse under running water and pat them dry.
5. Put the dry courgettes into a new mixing bowl and toss them with the oil, making sure that each slice gets coated. In a separate mixing bowl, sprinkle the paprika over the finely grated parmesan, and mix it through.
6. Put each silicone sheet on top of a baking sheet. Dip each slice of courgette into the parmesan mix - pressing it down to coat each side - then place it onto a silicone sheet. Bake the courgette crisps for 15 minutes, then check them and give them just a few more minutes if needed, until they’re dark golden brown and crispy.
7. Make the spicy beef filling by frying the onion in 1 tablespoon of oil. When it’s soft and starting to brown, tip in the beef and cook for 5-6 minutes, breaking up the beef mince but letting it brown. Add in the diced tomatoes, yellow pepper and chipotle sauce, cook for five more minutes, then remove from the heat.
8. In an oven-proof dish, make a stack of the courgette crisps layered with spicy beef filling, jalapeños and lots of grated cheese. Put this in the oven for 8-10 minutes, until the cheese has melted, then serve immediately loaded with sour cream, more jalapeños, and fresh coriander.