Our Kawaii Pastel Cake might be our cutest cheesecake ever! The sweet pastel colours make this perfect for a birthday party or special dessert.
• 125g digestive biscuits
• 60g butter, melted
• 400g cream cheese, softened
• 100g icing sugar
• 4 tsp vanilla extract
• 600ml double cream
• 7 leaves gelatine
• 75ml boiling water
• Food colouring- pink, purple, blue, yellow
• 200ml double cream, whipped
• Unicorn sprinkles
1. Line the bottom of a 9’’ springform tin with greaseproof paper.
2. Make the crust: combine the crust ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until well combined. Press mixture into bottom of springform pan. Make the cheesecake
3. Cover the gelatine leaves with cold water and leave to soak for 5 minutes.
4. Cream the softened cream cheese and icing sugar together until smooth. Gradually add the vanilla extract and mix until smooth. Add the cream and mix until smooth. Whisk for a couple of minutes until the mixture has slightly thickened.
5. Put the boiling water into a small bowl and add the soaked gelatine. Stir until it has dissolved and there are no lumps. Add to the cheesecake mix and stir well.
6. Divide cheesecake mixture equally into four bowls and tint with the different food colouring using a toothpick to adjust colour intensity.
7. Pour the blue mixture over biscuit base and freeze for 20 minutes, ensuring the layer is completely frozen before adding the next layer. Repeat with the other three colours then after the final freezing period, refrigerate for 4 hours.
8. Serve: once firm, gently release the tin and garnish with whipped cream and unicorn sprinkles.