Ital Stew is your go-to healthy dish. Packed full of vegetables and super fresh flavours, give it a go!
• Bunch of Thyme
• 1 Scotch Bonnet
• 5 Spring onions
• 1 Small white onion diced
• 1 leak
• 3 cloves of bashed garlic
• 1 tablespoon curry powder
• 1 Corn on the cob parted into 6
• 7 Okras
• 200 grams Red split lentils
• 1 cup Coconut milk
• 2 Carrots
• Chunk of ginger bashed
• 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
• 1 teaspoon black pepper corn
• Small head of cauliflower
• 1 Bay leaf
• 1/2 cooked kidney beans
1. Dumplings: In a medium bowl add the flour, baking
2. Powder, salt, sugar and enough water to bind into a
3. Stiff dough by kneading with your hands. Roll into 1
4. Inch long pieces and set aside.
5. Now in a big pot add oil and sliced leaks, onion, garlic,
6. Chopped spring onions, ginger, thyme, bay leaf, black
7. Pepper corn, cracked black pepper, scotch bonnet,
8. Curry powder, pimento all spice and sauté for 2 minutes
9. Releasing the aromas.
10. Now add in the potato, squash and Taro and cook for
11. Another 2 minutes. Add in the water and bring to boil.
12. Once water is up to a boil drop in the spinners
13. (dumplings) and everything else apart from the coconut
14. Milk, collards, long beans, okra and coriander and boil
15. For another 15/20 minutes.
16. Then add the rest of the green veggies and coconut
17. Milk. Cook for a further 4 minutes, by this time the hard
18. Food and spinners (dumplings) should be cooked.
19. Serve immediately and garnish with coriander.