Cocktails or dessert? Both, always both!
• For the espresso martini sundae:
• Chocolate ice cream
• 3 shots vodka
• Handful hazelnuts, chopped and toasted
• 120 milliliters double cream
• 1 heaped tablespoon espresso powder
• 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
• For the coffee syrup
• 3 tablespoons instant coffee
• 125 grams sugar
• 125 milliliters water
• For the pina colada sundae:
• 3 shots of white rum
• 1 small pineapple, peeled and roughly chopped
• 4 tablespoons coconut cream
• 400 milliliters vanilla ice cream
• 2 limes
• Coffee cream
• Squirty cream
• Coconut chips for decorating, toasted
• Dark chocolate shavings & wafer
1. For the pina colada - blitz together the ice cream, 1 shot of the vodka, the zest of 1 lime, the coconut cream and half the chopped pineapple in a food processor. Put back in the ice cream tub and place in the freezer for a couple of hours until set.
2. Layer up the sundae with the ice cream, the extra pineapple, cream, extra zest of the lime and a sprinkle of toasted coconut flakes. Pour over the extra rum to finish.
3. Espresso Martini - heat the water with the sugar and let it dissolve. Add in the coffee, vodka and let it come to a boil so it reduces. Leave to cool. Whip the double cream with the vanilla and the espresso powder.
4. Layer up the sundae with the chocolate ice cream,
5. Dollops of the coffee cream, and coffee syrup. Top with the toasted hazelnuts, a few coffee beans, some chocolate shavings and a wafer if you fancy. Top with
6. The remaining vodka.