Possibly the worlds cheesiest recipe...
• 200g Cornmeal or semolina flour
• 110 ml warm water
• Good pinch of salt
• For the sauce:
• 2 tbsp plain flour
• 2 tbsp unsalted butter
• 280ml whole milk
• 1 tsp mustard powder
• 1 tsp chilli powder
• 150g mature cheddar, grated
• 150g smoked cheddar, grated
• 1 mozzarella ball
• Handful of jalapenos
• Coriander and red chilli to finish
1. Start by mixing the flour and the water together with the sea salt in a large bowl. Mix until it forms a dough and set aside.
2. Add the butter to a medium pan and melt over a medium heat. Once all melted add in the flour and stir together until it turns golden. At this point add in ¼ of the milk and whisk. Once this forms a thick paste, add in the remaining milk a bit at a time, stirring before adding more. Season.
3. Stir in the chilli powder, mustard powder and the cheeses and take off the heat. Pour the whole mix into an ovenproof dish, top with any remaining cheese and place in a preheated oven at 200C for 12 minutes til it is golden and bubbling.
4. Take the tortilla dough from the fridge and divide into 4 balls. Flatten them as much as possible using your hands. Use either a tortilla maker or a pan and flatten the tortillas so they are really thin and circular.
5. Heat a dry pan till its hot but not smoking and cook the tortillas for a few minutes on each side. They will start to bubble and have golden spots. Place onto kitchen roll and once cooled cut into 6 even triangles. For extra crunch, you can fry too.
6. Serve with the cheese sauce, a sprinkle of coriander,
7. jalapenos and chilli if you fancy.