It's crunch time! Vanilla ice cream in an oaty sandwich of nom
• 125 grams + 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
• 80 grams light brown sugar
• 2 tablespoons golden syrup
• 80 grams quick cooking oats
• 100 grams wholemeal flour
• 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 100 grams dark chocolate
• 1 tub vanilla ice cream, softened
• Some multi-coloured sprinkles for decorating
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C. Line two baking trays with baking paper. In a large bowl cream together the 125 grams butter and the sugar until pale and smooth. Add the golden syrup, salt, bakingpowder,bicarbonate of soda, flour, and oats and stir to combine.
2. Take about two teaspoons of dough and roll into a ball.
3. Place onto one of the prepared trays and press down lightly in the middle so that it spreads to about 4 centimeters wide. Repeat with the remaining dough, leaving a few centimetres between each ball as they will flatten and spread as they bake.
4. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and leave to cool on the tray for a few minutes then transfer to a wire rack. Don't worry if the biscuits feel slightly soft; they should firm up and
5. Become crunchy as they cool.
6. Melt the chocolate and remaining 1 teaspoon of butter together in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Spoon a little bit of chocolate onto the top of each biscuit and use the back of a spoon to spread it over the surface. Set them aside to harden and cool.
7. Once cooled, scoop the vanilla ice cream onto the chocolate coated side of a biscuit and sandwich with another biscuit. Repeat with the remaining biscuits.
8. Place the sprinkles on the ice cream. Serve or wrap individually in cling-film and freeze for later.