Hey, Guy buds! Your bulk up Cauliflower cheese is here!
• 150g cottage cheese
• 300ml milk
• 40g gram flour or protein powder
• 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
• 1 large cauliflower
• 60g cheddar, grated
• 30g parmesan
• 40g ground almonds
• 1 heaped tbsp pumpkin seeds
• 4 sprigs thyme
1. Boil the cauliflower until just softening, but still with a lot of bite.
2. Start making the sauce by placing the flour or protein powder in a saucepan with 3 tbsp of milk. Place this on a low heat and stir immediately to thicken into a paste. At this point add the garlic, and cook for a couple more minutes, stirring continually.
3. Add the rest of the milk a bit at a time until the whole sauce is thickened. Stir through the cottage cheese and cheddar and continuing stirring until silky.
4. Preheat the oven to 200C. Add the cauliflower to the cheese mix, coat and place in a suitable oven proof container.
5. Chop the pumpkin seeds and mix with the ground almonds, grated parmesan and thyme. Sprinkle over the top of the cauliflower and place in the oven for 20 minutes until golden on top.