Midweek dinners will never be the same again
• 150 grams plain flour
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
• 3 eggs
• 300 milliliters milk
• 30 grams finely chopped fresh herbs (chives, parsley, sage, rosemary)
• 1 tablespoon English mustard
• 6 pork and herb sausages
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 1 onion, peeled and quartered
1. Preheat the oven to 180C (fan).
2. Place the sausages in a large baking tin with high edges. Add the onion quarters. Cook in the oven for 25 minutes
3. Sift the flour into a large bowl. Add the salt and pepper. Make a well in the centre of the flour and add eggs. Gradually beat the eggs into the flour then slowly beat in the milk until the batter is smooth. Stir in the herbs and mustard.