Can a mince pie really be guilt-free? Watch this video to see how
• For the mince pie filling:
• 3 oranges
• 1 vanilla pod
• 250 grams of raisins
• 200 grams of cranberries
• 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon of ginger
• 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
• 1 pinch of salt
• Coconut sugar for topping
• For the pastry:
• 100 grams of ground almonds
• 175 grams of buckwheat flour
• 3 tablespoon of butter or coconut oil
• 1 small pinch of salt
• 6 pitted Medjool dates
• 1 vanilla bean (scraped)
• 1 tablespoon of water
1. Preheat the oven to 150°C.
2. To make the filling:
3. Zest one orange and juice all three.
4. Scrape out the vanilla pod and place all the ingredients into a pot and simmer on a low heat for 30 minutes.
5. To make the pastry:
6. Place the ground almonds, flour, and salt into the food processor and blend.
7. Add the rest of the ingredients (apart from the water) then slowly add the water so the pastry forms together.
8. Grease 10-12 cupcake tins with butter or coconut oil and push the pastry mix into the bottom of the tins with your thumbs until it fills the sides (about 1/2 centimeters thick).
9. Then place 1 tablespoon. of the mince mixture into each shell. Repeat this for all.
10. With the rest of the pastry, roll it out between two baking paper sheets and cut out circular shapes to place on top of the mincemeat.
11. Sprinkle over some coconut sugar to give it a nice sweet top.
12. Bake for 25-30 minutes until crisp.