Our favourite Scottish delicacy gets a revamp
• 350 grams haggis
• 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
• Handful of chopped parsley
• 3 good eggs
• 100 grams panko breadcrumbs
• 100 grams plain flour
• 2 litre veg oil
1. Start by soft boiling 2 of the eggs, around 5 1/2, peel and then place into ice cold water so the yolks don't harden any further. Place the haggis into a mixing bowl with the parsley, mustard and seasoning. Mix it together so it's well combined. Wrap the meat around the egg.
2. Place the flour, beaten egg and breadcrumbs into separate bowls. Roll the egg in the flour, followed by the egg and then the breadcrumbs.
3. Place the veg oil into a frying pan and heat till it reaches 180°C. You can test it by placing a breadcrumb in there first. Fry until golden and crisp, turning halfway so it's even, and the meat is cooked through. Around 8 minutes. The egg yolk should be running, perfect with mustard.