Grilled Split Bananas are the perfect summer dessert. They can be made under the grill or even on a campfire for a gooey marshmallow treat!
• 4 ripe bananas
• 100g mini marshmallows
• 200g milk chocolate chips
• 1 x can squirty cream, to serve
• 25g salted peanuts, chopped, to serve
• 4 glace cherries, optional, to serve
1. Preheat your oven to 180 C / 160 C fan.
2. Slice one banana so there is a deep slit in the inner curve of the banana. Be careful not to cut all the way through the banana.
3. Using your thumb, separate the slice down the banana and then stuff it with chocolate chips and marshmallows.
4. Construct a tin foil boat that is just big enough to hold the banana upright.
5. Place the banana into the tin foil boat and then cover the banana and it’s boat with more tin foil, so that the banana is completely encased in tin foil.
6. Place the banana in the oven and cook for 15 minutes until the chocolate and marshmallows are melted and gooey and the banana is soft.
7. Remove the banana in the tin foil boat with a pair of tongs, and place onto your serving platter. Let the banana rest for 1-2 minutes and then serve topped with squirt cream and sprinkled with chopped peanut. For a really retro twist you could crown everything with a glace cherry!