Fancy having pizza for breakfast? Well, now you can! Check out this fruit topped oaty creation.
• For the base:
• 150 grams rolled oats
• 125 milliliters runny honey, plus extra for drizzling
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 125 grams of mixed nuts and seeds such as sunflower,
• Pumpkin and hazelnuts, plus extra for toppings
• 80 grams of dried fruits such as apricots, raisins and
• Cranberries, plus extra for toppings
• 1 tablespoon heaped almond butter
• For the compote:
• 500 grams plums
• 100 grams caster sugar
• 150 grams natural yoghurt
• Nuts and berries for topping
1. Start by making the granola base. Mix together the base ingredients so it's evenly mixed.
2. Preheat the oven to 140°C and evenly spread the granola ingredients onto a tray and place in the oven.
3. Bake for 15 minutes and the take it
4. Out,move it around so the underneath is cooking too, add in the peanut butter and mix, then shape in a circle pizza, place back in the oven for 8-10 minutes until golden.
5. Meanwhile, make the plum compote. Half the plums and destone. Cut into quarters and place in a pan with the sugar and a splash of water. Bring to the boil and then place a lid on the pan and turn down to a simmer. Let this cook for about 20 minutes until the plums have broken down and stewed.
6. Let both the granola base and the compote cool and then top the base with the compote, blobs of yoghurt, the nuts and fruit. Slice into 8 and serve for a great breakfast alternative.