This dish is gnoch gnoch gnocching on heaven's door
• 1 kilogram baking potatoes
• Salt and pepper
• 1 egg
• 300 grams plain flour
• 85 grams toasted pine nuts
• 85 grams Parmesan (or veg alternative)
• 3 garlic cloves
• 75 milliliters olive oil
• 85 grams kale
• Zest and juice of 1 lemon
1. Spike the potatoes all round, wrap in kitchen paper and microwave for 10 minutes.
2. Cut in half and remove the flesh into a bowl. Add the flour and seasoning. Stir through and leave to cool for a few minutes then squidge in the egg to make a dough.
3. Roll into balls. Leave in the fridge to harden up slightly while you make the pesto.
4. Blend everything for the pesto together until smooth.
5. Cook the gnocchi in salted water until they float to the top.
6. Stir through the pesto until warm. Serve!