Poor man's what? How? Who? Watch this and see.
• 1 kilogram floury potatoes
• 350 grams flour
• 2 great eggs
• Grating of nutmeg
• Butter (for frying)
• Parmesan to garnish
• 8 leaves (approx 1 pack) of Cavolo Nero (aka black cabbage)
• 2 Garlic cloves
• 1 lemon
• Small handful almonds
• 5 tablespoons Olive oil
2. Bake potatoes for 1 hour at 200C.
3. Scoop out the flesh while hot and either rice (with a potato ricer), Sieve (push through a sieve), or as a last resort mash (make lumpless, but do not overwork!). Potato must be dry.
4. Mix with flour, pinch of salt, nutmeg, and beaten eggs. Always remembering not to overwork.
5. Flour a surface and divide mixture into sausage 5. Roll into sausage shapes about 2 centimeters thick. Cut into inch long pieces. Toss in semolina.
6. Bring a pot of salty water to the boil and drop in in batches. When they rise to the surface, they are cooked.
7. Heat some oil in a pan and fry gnocchi until golden on two sides. Add butter and let it go just until its about to burn. SERVE.
9. Take the stalks out of the cabbage. And peel the garlic. Put both in boiling water for 5 minutes. And drain.
10. Toast almonds.
11. Blend everything with lemon juice, olive oil, salt.