Take shortbread to another level with this unique Caribbean take
• 100 grams butter
• 50 grams caster sugar
• 75 grams plain flour
• 75 grams ground almond
• 1 tablespoon ground ginger
• 1 stem ginger
1. Heat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5.
2. Beat the butter and the sugar together until smooth.
3. Stir in the flour, ground almond, ginger and stem ginger to get a smooth paste.
4. Pinch off and roll into rounds with your hands and place onto a baking tray. Use a fork to create pattens.
5. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, or until pale golden-brown. Set aside to cool on a wire rack.