This giant creme brulee tart was the most satisfying sugar topping. The passion fruit filling gives our custard filling the perfect edge!
• 200g fresh custard
• 300g Greek style yogurt (not fat free, just normal)
• 4 passion fruits, halved
• 1 vanilla pod
• 100g caster sugar
1. In a bowl mix together the custard, yogurt and juice and seeds of 3 of the passion fruit. Scrape the seeds out of a vanilla pod and add to the mix.
2. Divide the mixture back into the passion fruit skins and set aside to chill in the fridge.
3. Meanwhile, melt the sugar to form a caramel and pour on top of the crème brûlée mix. Garnish with seeds and serve.
4. OR: melt the sugar in a large pan until caramelised and pour out into cylindrical moulds. Swirl the caramel round and drain off any excess to leave a caramel cylinder. Set to one side to cool. Pop the crème brûlée mix into these caramel shells and garnish with seeds and serve