A giant biscuit for a giant craving
• 160 grams caster sugar
• 320 grams unsalted butter
• 480 grams plain flour
• Strawberry/raspberry jam
• 2x 8″/23 centimeters loose-base tart/cake tin,
• A large heart cookie cutter, cake release,
• A silicone pastry brush,
• 8″ greaseproof paper circles
• Some normal sized Jammie Dodgers.
1. Cream together the butter and sugar. Add the flour and mix on a low speed until mostly a dough
2. Turn out onto a floured surface and squish together into a flat dough. Wrap in cling film and chill for 30 minutes. Roll out half of the dough on a cling filmed surface to about 1 centimeter thick.
3. Taking the bottom out of the tart/cake tin, use this as a cutter and cut out a circle of dough.
4. Repeat with the second half. Chill the circles on a floured tray.
5. Put the bottom back into the tart tins, grease and line with a circle of greaseproof paper.
6. Carefully, lift up your circle of dough and push this into the tin. You may have to push the edges in as the bottom of the tin will be slightly smaller than the top. In one tin, cut out a heart in the centre of the circle.
7. Chill for 10 minutes and then bake at 180C for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. With the left over dough, roll out the pastry and cut shapes or any design out. Bake these for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Roll out some of your leftover dough to the same thickness and place your patterned circle on top.
9. Then, using a scalpel or sharp knife, go around your drawn pattern to mark the dough and carefully cut it out. Finally, cut out the heart using the cookie cutter. Chill this pattern on a baking tray or plate for 10 minutes.
10. Once everything is baked, leave on a cooling rack to cool completely. If you try and pick it up or move it around when it's still warm, there is a high chance it will break.
11. For the filling, heat up 4-5 tablespoons of a jam of your choice so that you get an easily spreadable consistency.
12. Spread the jam over the bottom layer, and then carefully lift on your top layer and add a little more jam to the heart in the middle. Put a little jam on the back of your shapes and stick them on to the biscuit. Then, leave this to set for about 1-2 hours.