Who wouldn't want a giant doughnut cake? Top with a sweet pink glaze and you're away!
• 185 grams Unsalted Butter
• 200 grams Caster Sugar
• 3 Eggs
• 200 grams Plain Flour
• Pinch Salt
• 1 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
• 165 milliliters Milk
• 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
• 95 grams Icing Sugar
• 1 tablespoon Butter, Melted
• 1-2 tablespoons Milk
• 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
• Pink Food Colouring
1. Melt the butter in a pan, stirring constantly until the butter has turned brown and taken on a nutty smell (10-12m). Pour this into a bowl and allow to cool to room temperature.
2. Once cooled, add the butter, sugar and salt to a stand mixer and beat for 5m until light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs one at a time on high speed until incorporated.
4. Mix the flour and baking powder together, add it to the butter mixture in 3 parts, alternating with the milk & vanilla in 2 parts.
5. Add to a silicone mould or bundt tin and bake at 180C/375F for 40-45m. Allow to cool completely.
6. To make the glaze, add the icing sugar, melted butter, vanilla and pink food colouring to a bowl. Slowly add the milk until you have a thick glaze consistency.
7. Pour the glaze over the cooled cake and top with sprinkles.