Jumbo sized Breadsticks with a delicious chocolate coating
• 450g/1 pound strong white bread flour, plus extra for dusting
• 1 x 7 grams sachet fast-action dried yeast
• 11/2 teaspoon salt
• 250-275 milliliters/9-10fl ounces warm water
• Vegetable oil or spray oil, for oiling
• Two tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 200c and dust two large baking trays with flour.
2. Put the flour, yeast and the salt into a large bowl and add enough of the water to make a soft but not sticky dough. Knead well for 10 minutes by hand on a lightly floured work surface. Divide the mixture into 24 equal portions, each weighing about 30g. Roll the portions into balls, then place each ball on a floured surface and roll into a long sausage shape about 25 centimetersx2 centimeters/10inx1in.
3. Place the breadsticks on the prepared baking trays, spacing them 4 centimeters/11/2in apart. Cover the breadsticks loosely with oiled clingfilm, making sure it is airtight. Leave in warm place for 30 minutes, or until the breadsticks have almost doubled in size.
4. Remove the clingfilm and brush each breadstick with the extra virgin olive oil. Bake in the top third of the oven for about 20 minutes, or until the breadsticks are lightly golden-brown and feel firm to the touch. Remove the breadsticks from the oven and leave to cool on the baking trays.
5. Dip into melted chocolate and decorate with the sprinkles.