You wont believe how many cloves of garlic are in this recipe!
• 3 garlic bulbs
• 4 boneless chicken breasts or 6 chicken thighs, skin on
• 4 tbsp olive oil
• 6 bay leaves
• 300ml white wine
• 250ml chicken stock
• Sea salt and black pepper
• Crusty bread, to serve
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200 C. Peel most of the layers off two of the garlic bulbs, then slice in half down the centre. Individually peel each clove off the final bulb and roughly chop.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large ovenproof frying pan, then add the garlic. Allow the garlic to colour gently, then
3. season the chicken with sea salt and pepper and place skin-side down into the pan.
4. Cook the chicken until the skin is crispy, then turn over and add the white wine. Shake the pan to emulsify the oil with the wine, then simmer for 2-3 mins. Add the bay leaves and chicken stock, then place the whole pan into the oven.
5. Bake for 15-20 mins or until the chicken is cooked through. Serve the chicken with green salad and a big hunk of crusty bread to mop up the juices.