We've taken your cheese toastie and given it a garlic bread twist!
• 4 really thick slices of bread (about 8cm each)
• 200g cheddar/mozzarella mix
• 200g butter, plus extra for frying
• 3 garlic cloves, crushed
• 2 tbsp chopped parsley
• Parmesan, grated
1. Make pockets in the bread slices with a serrated knife. Be careful not to cut right through the bread.
2. Fill the pockets with the cheese mix and set to one side.
3. Melt the butter in a small saucepan and once melted, add the crushed garlic and parsley. Stir to combine.
4. With a pastry brush, brush the garlic butter over both sides of the sandwiches, making sure to cover each sandwich very well.
5. Place a cast iron pan over a medium heat, and add a knob of butter. Once it’s melted add one of the sandwiches. Cook until golden on the underside - about 3 - 4 minutes - and then just before you flip, add a grating of parmesan to the top, uncooked side of the sandwich. Flip the sandwich over and cook on this side for a further 3 - 4 minutes, until the cheese in the middle has melted. Finally, grate some more parmesan over the top side of the sandwich and flip, cooking for only 1 minute, or until the parmesan has melted.
6. Serve immediately - stack em’ up!