Funnel Cake is a classic American carnival food but here's how to make it at home in a few easy steps!
• 360g plain flour
• 50g caster sugar
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 1.5 tsp salt
• 3 large eggs, beaten
• 230ml buttermilk
• 200ml milk
• 1 tsp vanilla essence
• Oil for frying
• Icing sugar to decorate
1. Heat oil for frying to 190C.
2. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add milk, buttermilk and eggs - whisk to a smooth batter the thickness of double cream.
3. Pour batter into a funnel or a plastic squeeze bottle with a 4mm opening.
4. When the oil has come to temperature, add the batter in a loopy pattern.
5. Once brown on the bottom, carefully turn it over to brown on the other side.
6. Remove to kitchen paper to drain, then dust with icing sugar and serve hot.