Craving pie for breakfast, lunch and dinner? Our Full English Breakfast Pie is the perfect solution!
• 500g plain flour
• 200g butter
• 100ml ice water
• 150g mushroom, finely diced
• 1/2 onion, finely diced
• 2 sticks thyme
• 6 sausages
• 50g butter
• Baked beans
• 6 rashers streaky bacon
• 6 small hard boiled eggs
• 300g hash browns
• 1 egg for egg wash
1. Add flour and butter to a food processor and blitz until it reaches breadcrumb consistency.
2. Add in the water and blitz until the pastry starts to form a ball. Remove, shape into a ball, wrap in cling film and chill for 30 minutes.
3. Chop the mushrooms then saute in the butter and thyme, cook until the moisture has evaporated and the mushrooms are fairly dry.
4. Put the hash browns in a food processor and pulse until roughly chopped.
5. Split the sausages and remove the meat from the skins.
6. Reserve one third of the pastry and roll the rest into a round. Use it to line a deep 6” springform or loose bottomed cake tin.
7. Fill the pies starting with the sausage mix, then adding the cooked mushrooms, whole boiled eggs, baked beans, bacon and then the hash browns.
8. Roll out the pastry lid and fix securely on top of the pie, sticking with egg wash and crimping the edges.
9. Decorate with pastry shapes if you like, then egg wash the whole lid and bake for 90 minutes at 200C.
10. Let the pie cool in the tin for 15 minutes when you take it out of the oven, then slice and serve.