Fruity, creamy and totally moreish. The perfect Summer dessert!
• 3 sheets of gelatine
• 100g caster sugar
• 130ml water
• 100ml pomegranate juice
• 1 oranges
• 200g raspberries
• 200g blueberries
• 200g strawberries
• 150ml double cream
• 3 tbsp condensed milk
• 150g plain biscuit
• 80g butter, melted
1. Start by blitzing the biscuits until fine. Then mix with the melted butter. Set aside and line a straight sided terrine tin with clingfilm so it overhangs. Place the biscuit in the tins and push down. Really flatten it down and smooth over. Place in the freeze whilst you make the next layer.
2. Whisk the cream into soft peaks and then fold through the condensed milk. Smooth this over the biscuits and place back in the freezer.
3. In a bowl of water soften the gelatine for a few minutes. Whilst you are doing this, heat the water with the sugar until dissolved. Add in the pomegranate juice and once hot, add in the gelatine and whisk until that has also dissolved.
4. Let this cool. In a bowl, mix the berries with the zest of the orange, then cut off the peel and segment the orange, adding this to the bowl too. Remove the terrine from the freezer, add in the fruit and then pour over the gelatine liquid mix.
5. Place in the freezer until set, about 4 hours. Serve with a little extra condense milk or custard if you fancy.