Would you ever dip your fried in ice cream? This salty sweet combo is a total winner!
• 397ml can of condensed milk
• 575g double cream
• 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
• 30g white miso
• 1 tbsp salt flakes
• 1kg sweet potatoes
• 1kg Purple Majesty (or other purple) potatoes
• Oil for deep frying
• Sea salt
• Black sesame seeds
1. Put the condensed milk, double cream, vanilla bean paste and miso into a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer.
2. Whip until soft peaks are formed, then stir through the salt flakes, and immediately transfer the mixture into a large heavy-duty piping bag (or 2 medium ones).
3. Secure the end of the bag, then freeze it for 2-3 hours.
4. Take the ice cream out of the freezer and put it into the fridge 20 minutes before you want to use it.
5. Cook your chips in batches now, in oil heated to 180C. For extra crunch you can double fry them - for 4-5 minutes each time. Drain on kitchen paper and sprinkle generously with salt flakes.
6. To serve the ice cream, take the bag from the fridge and give it a squeeze - you may need to massage it briefly to soften up the ice cream.
7. Fit a matching-sized piping bag with a large fluted piping nozzle. Chop the end off the ice-cream filled bag, so the hole is 1.5 cm across, then put the whole bag inside the one with a nozzle fitted.
8. Serve the ice cream piped onto hot, salted chips, with a sprinkle of sea salt flakes and black sesame seeds.