How to make Fried Tilapia Fillets with Green Mango & Lemongrass
• 2 tilapia fillets
• 1/4 un-ripened green mango
• 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 2 tablespoons premium quality fish sauce
• 2 x cloves, finely chopped
• 2 x birdseye chilli, finely chopped
• 2 tablespoons chopped lemongrass
1. Shallow fry the fillets in vegetable oil on low/medium heat for 5 minutes on each side or until golden and crispy.
2. Meanwhile, prepare the sauce by combining all the ingredients
4. Julienne the mango into thin matchsticks and lay out on a serving dish. When the fish is cooked, place the fish on top of the mango and pour over the sauce.
5. Serve with steamed rice.
6. As an alternative to tilapia use other flat fish such as lemon sole, dab, brill, black tilapia, red snapper, pomphret.