Hashbrown egg nests, the perfect, hassle-free way to serve your eggs.
• 2 large desiree or other firm-fleshed potatoes
• 2 tbsp duck fat
• 4 large free range hen or duck eggs
• Chopped chives, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 220C (200C fan).
2. Peel and grate the potatoes.
3. Wash in cold water, drain as much water as possible, then dry on a clean tea towel.
4. Add the grated potato to a mixing bowl then gently stir in 2 tbsp melted butter, animal fat or olive oil, season, and mix gently.
5. Generously grease 4 muffin tins
6. Pack 1/4 of the grated potato into each tin, and bake for 12-15 minutes until beginning to brown.
7. Remove from the oven and break an egg into each nest, then put back in the oven for 6-8 for hen eggs (8-10 minutes for duck eggs) - until the white is cooked but the yolk is still soft
8. Serve immediately, with a sprinkling of chopped chives.