• Hard shell tacos:
• 250g lean minced beef
• 1 onion, finely chopped
• 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
• 1 tbsp chipotle paste
• 2 tsp chilli powder
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 2 tsp cumin
• 1 tsp oregano
• black pepper
• 6 -8 hard shell tacos
• 1 tomato, finely diced
• 1 red onion, finely diced
• Lettuce, finely shredded
• 75g grated mozzarella/cheddar mix
• Soft shell tacos:
• 24 king prawns, peeled and deveined
• 100g coconut Flour
• 200g desiccated coconut
• 2 egg whites
• 6 - 8 soft corn tortillas
• shredded lettuce, to serve
• Guacamole, to serve
• coriander, to serve
• Spicy salsa, to serve
1. Hard Shell Tacos: Finely chop the onion and fry in 1 tbsp oil over medium-high heat for a few mins. Add the minced beef and cook until browned, draining off any fat if you want. Add the garlic and fry for 1 min, then add the chipotle paste, chilli powder, cumin, oregano, black pepper, salt and 100ml of water. Let simmer over medium heat until thickened.
2. To serve, pile some shredded lettuce into the taco shells then top with the mince mixture. Sprinkle over some chopped tomatoes and red onion and finish with some grated cheese.
3. Soft Shell Tacos: Set out the flour, desiccated coconut and egg in three separate bowls.
4. Take a prawn and coat it in flour, followed by egg white and lastly the desiccated coconut. Repeat until all the prawns are coated.
5. When you are ready to cook, heat some oil in a pan over a medium heat and fry the prawns in batches of 4-5 for a couple of minutes on each side until they are golden and cooked through.
6. Place on some kitchen paper to drain excess oil once cooked.
7. Assemble the tacos by spreading some guacamole onto a soft corn taco and topping with shredded lettuce. Place a few prawns on top and then drizzle with salsa.
8. Garnish with coriander and serve.