Your regular butter just got a serious flavour upgrade!
• 500 grams softened butter
• Lemon and garlic butter:
• 1 lemon, zested
• 1 large clove garlic, minced
• Green herb butter:
• 2 sprigs rosemary, leaves removed
• Handful basil leaves
• Handful oregano leaves
• Pinch salt
• Chorizo and thyme butter:
• 75 grams raw cooking chorizo
• 3 sprigs thyme, leaves removed
• Chipotle and lime butter:
• 1 tablespoon chipotle paste
• 1 lime, zested
1. Start by dividing the butter into 4 x 125 grams pieces and then place each piece of butter into separate bowls. For the lemon and garlic butter, place the zest of 1 lemon and the minced garlic into one of the bowls of butter and stir to combine. For the green herb butter, whizz the green herbs in a food processor with a pinch of salt until they are coarsely chopped. Add the herbs to your second bowl of butter and stir well.
2. For the chipotle and lime butter, take your fourth bowl of butter and incorporate the chipotle paste and the zest of 1 lime.
3. For the chorizo and thyme butter, start by squeezing the chorizo meat out of its skin - you can do this by putting pressure on one side of the sausage - the meat should come off the casing on the opposite side. Fry the chorizo meat until crisp and then set aside to cool.
4. Once cooled, place the chorizo meat into a food processor and blitz until fine. Add the chorizo to the third bowl of butter along with the thyme leaves and mix well. (This butter will keep for 1 week in the fridge.)
5. To roll your butters ready to put in the fridge take a sheet of cling film and lay it out in front of you, with the short end towards you. Working one butter at a time, place the butter at the short end, keeping it fairly central. Now start to roll up, creating a sausage shape as you go. Pinch the ends of the cling film surround the butter to seal and continue to roll until all of your sheet of cling film has been used up.
6. Repeat with the different flavours of butter.
7. Store in the fridge until needed.