Pretend you're right by the seaside with this epic fish pie!
• Potato Mash:
• 800 grams Maris Piper potatoes
• Milk, to taste
• Butter, to taste
• Salt & Pepper, to taste
• 2 Spring onions, finely chopped
• 35 grams Grated Cheddar cheese, to top
• 500 grams Fish: Prawns, cod, salmon
• 500 milliliters Whole milk
• 1 Small onion
• Cheese sauce:
• 45 grams Butter
• 45 grams Plain flour
• 30 grams cheddar, grated
1. Peel and chop potatoes into small chunks. Place into a large pan of water with salt and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes until the potatoes are soft.
2. Meanwhile, slice fish into medium chunks and place into a pan. Pour over milk.
3. Cut both ends off the onion, chop the onion in half and then into quarters. Place into the pan. Bring the milk just to a boil and then lower the heat and let simmer for approx 8 minutes.
4. Strain fish from the milk and evenly divide into serving dishes. Strain the rest of the milk into a jug and leave to cool slightly.
5. In a saucepan over a medium heat, melt the butter. Once melted whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Whisking continually.
6. Gradually pour over the slightly cooled milk and whisk until smooth and the mixture starts to thicken. You might not need to add all the milk.
7. Stir in grated cheese until melted and smooth. Pour over cooked fish.
8. For the mash add a splash of milk and butter to strained potatoes and beat until desired consistency. Stir in spring onions and season with salt & pepper.
9. Spoon on top of fish and sauce, top with grated cheese and cook in a pre-heated oven at 180°C for 15-20 min.
10. Enjoy! :D