Are you brave enough to take on our spicy Firecracker Chicken?
• 1 tbsp sesame oil
• 1 red chilli, chopped finely
• 1 tbsp sriracha
• 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
• 2 tbsp brown sugar
• 3 tbsp light soy sauce
• 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
• 1 tbsp ketchup
• 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
• 1 tbsp tamarind paste
• 1 tbsp fish sauce
• Pinch of white pepper
• 2 medium sized chicken breasts, sliced into bite-size chunks
• 1 tbsp oil
• 1 onion, peeled and sliced into thin wedges
• 1/2 red pepper, chopped into chunks
• 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped into chunks
• 50g mangetout
• 6 dried chillies
• Small bunch of spring onions, sliced on the diagonal
• Splash of water
• Boiled rice
• Black sesame seeds
• White sesame seeds
• Wedges of lime
1. Place all of the marinade ingredients into a large bowl and mix together. Add the chicken, then cover with and marinade for at least an hour (or up to overnight).
2. Heat sesame oil on a high heat in a wok. Scoop the chicken out of the marinade and cook in the wok until browned, and almost cooked.
3. Add the onion and cook for a further 2 minutes, then add the marinade and heat through. Add in the peppers, mangetout and dried chillies. Cook for a minute, then stir through the spring onions. Add a splash of water to the sauce if needed.
4. Spoon rice into a small bowl, pushing it down with the back of a spoon, then place a serving plate on top and turn the whole thing over. Tap the bowl to release the mound of rice.
5. Spoon the chicken around the rice and then sprinkle the top of the rice with the sesame seeds.