Time to add some drama to this awesome chocolate cake!
• Frosting: Sugar Syrup:
• 340 grams Soft Unsalted Butter 50 grams Water
• 450 grams Icing Sugar 50 grams Sugar
• 90 grams Cocoa Powder 1 teaspoon Vanilla
• 4 tablespoons Double Cream
• 2 teaspoons Vanilla
• Cake: Fire Cloud:
• 200 grams Unsalted Butter 50 grams Icing Sugar
• 200 grams Caster Sugar 10 grams Cocoa Powder
• 4 Large Eggs
• 100 grams Ground Almonds
• 200 grams 70 percent Chocolate, Melted
• 100 grams Self Raising Flour
• 50 grams Cocoa Powder
• 1 teaspoon Hot Chilli Powder
• 250 milliliters Double Cream
1. Start with the cake by creaming the butter and sugar together for 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
2. Add the eggs and then the ground almonds. Stir in the melted chocolate and then sift over the remaining dry ingredients. Gently fold to combine.
3. Whip the cream to soft peaks and then fold this into the cake mixture.
4. Add the batter evenly between two greased & lined 6' tins and bake at 160C / 325F for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
5. Allow the cakes to cool slightly once cooked and then tip onto a wire rack to cool completely.
6. To make the frosting beat the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy.
7. Add in your vanilla, cocoa and salt and beat again.
8. Slowly pour in the cream and beat again for another 3-4 minutes, scraping down the bowl every now and again.
9. Coat each side of the cake with sugar syrup, and then dollop a big spoon of frosting in the middle of one cake and spread it to the edges. Lay the other cake on top and frost the outside of the
10. Cake so that the whole thing is covered.
11. Shave some chocolate on top using a vegetable peeler.
12. In a sieve, add the icing sugar and cocoa powder and sift it over the top of the cake while running a blow torch underneath to create a small fire cloud.