Quick and easy way to make Filipino Banana Lumpia, caramelized banana egg rolls.
• 8 square spring roll wrappers
• 4 ripe bananas or plantains
• 1 cup light brown sugar
• Water for sealing wrappers
• Vegetable oil
1. Slice bananas into quarters, and roll the pieces in the brown sugar.
2. Place 1-2 slices on one bottom corner of a wrapper, roll, fold, and seal. Repeat the process.
3. Heat enough vegetable oil to fill a pan halfway. Fry the lumpia until golden brown on one side, flip and sprinkle a little brown sugar on top. Cook the other side until golden brown, flip and sprinkle the brown sugar on top again.
4. Place on paper towels to absorb excess oil.
5. Serve alone or with ice cream.