The quickest and easiest one pot mac and cheese around
• 100 grams pancetta
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 250 grams plain cottage cheese
• 250 grams ricotta cheese
• 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
• 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
• Generous grating of nutmeg
• 500 grams extra-mature cheddar, grated
• 100 grams parmesan, grated
• 1 litre full-fat milk
• 450 grams dried macaroni
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. heat a large fry pan over medium heat, add the olive oil and pancetta, fry until browned and crispy, about 8 minutes. Remove and set aside.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the cottage cheese, ricotta, Dijon, cayenne, nutmeg and a good seasoning. Tip into a large bowl and add the cheddar, parmesan and milk, stirring to combine.
3. Mix through the dried macaroni then tip into a large ovenproof dish. Top with the crispy pancetta and a sprinkling of parmesan cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil, baking another 30 minutes. Remove and allow to cool slightly.